Monday, 9 May 2016

Smart Casual Looks for Men Demystified

A lot of things have happened since my last post back in February. If you are following me closely on Facebook/Instagram, I’ve bought a new car, sat for an actuarial paper CA1 (Actuarial Risk Management) and started to get active in Quora. More on those later in next post, but today I am going to write about something interesting that has been baffling me for some time, until I finally said “Great! I shall do some homework on that and see where it leads me to!”

As the title suggests, whenever an event requires me to wear smart casual, I will be quite puzzled and stressed out for not knowing what to wear. Eventually I came to realise in life, everything is just an experiment, and that includes fashion. It’s bizarre for me to talk about fashion, I am probably one of the last persons someone will ask me about fashion. But hey, it’s an interesting topic and I do love shopping! Who says guys don’t shop? I do.

Really, it’s not all about shopping though. People do love to dress up to look good, not to impress others (okay that’s one reason), but to boost their confidence level too! Looking good definitely boost my self-confidence, plus some heads turning particularly from ladies haha! Don’t get me started on talking about how being confident can do magic to your relationship, well-being and even career development. Similarly with going to gym and living a healthy lifestyle.

So, smart casual! Here are three smart casual look ideas which I’ve found out:

1) Blazer Tee

By putting on a blazer, you instantly convert a plain outfit into a smart casual. Magic much? Not at all. Now that explains why people tend to have their blazers ready, almost all the time. Who knows there’s an impromptu event they can attend to but demanding a smart casual outfit? There’s no more excuse for having to skip your favourite event because of you being underdressed.



2) The Sweater Look

This may not suit our sizzling weather in Malaysia, but hey this looks good too! A nice long sleeve sweater will surely give you a simple boost of confidence. With a simple pair of loafers and jeans, it’s pretty easy to match with too!


3) Jacket Power 

If the two previous smart casual don’t appeal much to you, a jacket will definitely do the job. I had personally worn a denim jacket when I visited Cambridge a few years back. Needless to say, the number of likes received in Facebook jumped overnight LOL! Like blazer tee, jackets can take your casual look to a whole new level with ease.


Now that you have learnt how easy it is to put on smart casual attire, go and rock the world as you like! 


Favourite Music! =)