Skip to main content

My New Laptop (XPS 15z)! =p

Wooohooo this is the first post I type using my new lappie! <3 Oh yeah I just bought a new laptop in conjunction of the Pikom PC Fair 2012 at KLCC yesterday. There were quite alot of cheap offers on gadgets and it was something that you shouldn't have missed if you are a gadget hunter. My focus wasn't on those fancy gadgets but on laptops, though.

Quite many famous brands can be seen there, amongst them are Dell, HP, Asus, Acer, Toshiba etc. Too bad Apple wasn't there though. I collected lots of brochures just to compare the configurations of laptops of my budget. Since the Bank provides RM3.5k as my laptop allowance, I had the privilege of buying such high-end laptop. Praise the Lord! After comparing a few laptops, I had a few in mind; Dell XPS 15z, HP Dv6, and Apple Macbook Pro.


HP Dv6 was out of stock, so that left me with XPS 15z and Macbook Pro. I chose XPS 15z eventually, due to these 2 reasons. Firstly, I wanted to use a laptop that is more compatible with any softwares that I might be using in future. This will be the laptop that accompanies me for at least another 5 years, so I expect to download quite a number of statistical and mathematical softwares throughout my degree programme (if possible my working life too).


Secondly, Window laptop is easier to be used if you want to download songs/movies and play games. With its 2GB Nvidia GT525M graphic card, I can practically play any games that I want. Also with Window, I can download songs and movies freely without much rules and regulations. Unlike Apple, you wouldn't be able to download free songs easily. Many softwares and programmes might not be compatible with iOS, although you can always double boot between iOS and Window (it's quite impractical though).

Thirdly, with such a spec that I'm having with my XPS 15z now, I would need at least 5-6k to buy exactly the same spec of Macbook Pro. Currently it's running Core i7-2640M Processor (3.1GHz), 8GB RAM, 1TB 5400rpm Hard Drive, 2GB Nvidia GT525M graphic card and it's 15 inches!


So, tadaaa! I've chosen XPS 15z as my new darling! <3 Not only the laptop, it came along with a mouse and mousepad, a USB 2.0 channel stereo speaker, a headphone, a keyboard protector, a laptop cooler, a set of LCD screen cleaning kit, a laptop bag and lastly a 4GB pendrive. So far so good, despite some minor problems that I'm facing now. I don't know why suddenly my Google Chrome fails to work this morning! O.o Probably some technical setting that I accidentally clicked on, nothing biggie though. Will check on it soon! =)


Comments

  1. Trust me you'll want to have ur laptop changed before you start working. Hahahhaa. Software development is really expanding fast now. Your laptop will be really outdated by the time u finishes ur degree.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey don't leave! Leave your comment here please! Thanks! :D

Popular posts from this blog

2 Weeks Experiences in The New Class! =)

Listening to: The more I seek You - Kari Jobe It's been two weeks since I joined the new class! Most, if not all, of my new classmates are quite friendly to me, gratefully! Thank God for that! Within the first few days I've recognised and remembered most of my classmates' names! =p Okay to be frank, I was trying to memorise. That's why I could remember their names fast, and blend into their group easily? =) How? Facebook does the trick! Adding someone into your friend list in Facebook will definitely improve your ability to remember names. Well it works for me, at least! =p Okay why am I keep writing posts about PE1? I don't know, just want to share my thoughts with everyone, how I spend my time in the new class and so on. During break time I tend to hang out with a group of new friends, and a large portion of them were from Catholic High School, PJ. Haha I was supposed to go there, but I didn't. My younger sister did, anyway. Most of them tend ...

Dreams Come True!!! ^_^

While I was feeling happy and grateful regarding the call from Shell about the phone interview few hours ago, suddenly I saw an email reached my inbox signalling the title of BNM. I was really nervous about it, wondering what would that be from the bank. Here it is, the message conveyed in the email: Saudara Ng Chia Wei, Tahniah kerana terpilih untuk menerima Anugerah Biasiswa Bank Negara  Malaysia Peringkat Pra-Ijazah Sesi 2010/2011 bagi mengikuti kursus   Sains Aktuari . Biasiswa berkenaan adalah untuk mengikuti program-program  persediaan Ijazah luar negara di kolej-kolej tempatan. Sila fakskan borang  yang dikepilkan ke 03- 26942909 dengan segera sekiranya saudara menerima  tawaran Biasiswa ini. Saudara akan dihubungi oleh pihak   Bank Negara Malaysia   untuk tawaran rasmi  Biasiswa dan urusan pendaftaran kolej selewat-lewatnya pada minggu hadapan. Terima kasih. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed these words r...

The Greatest Rejection Ever!!! T_T

Upon rejected by a dozen of scholarships institutions, I was highly hoping at the very common scholarship that everyone would most likely to apply for - JPA. Obviously, there was a stiff competition among the excellent students nationwide, since JPA is only capable of offering 1500 places to those students for overseas program. Probably there are tonnes of excellent students this batch who scored lots of A+, but instead of 2000 places offered for the previous years, JPA reduced the number to 1500. Due to economics recession maybe, and we as the students, are the major victims. Lots of my friends who actually scored way better than me failed to get the scholarships, including me of course. Also, the introduction of A+ to the students end of last year shocked and intimidated almost every SPM'09 student, cause they were not given enough time to prepare adequately to score A+, which technically means above 90% marks. Personally, I was really down and depressed over the rejection of J...