I was looking back at my New Year Resolutions that I have written last year, and I'm happy to say that I have accomplished many of them, surprisingly! The link is here so that you may refer back. Now I will present you with what I have accomplished thus far, with my last year's new year resolutions (not all as some were just plain concepts).
1) Reduce my weight for at least 10kg before my final exam in May/June 2012? I weighed 85kg in the beginning of 2012, and now I'm 70kg! One of my biggest achievements that I could hardly believe but with God's grace that fuelled my determination, it was made possible. Thank God!
2) Learn ice skating? So far I have yet to ice-skate in my daily basis (it will be so expensive lol) but I have ice-skated twice! I fell more than 10 times on the ice rink when I first ice-skated early last year with my new college classmates in Sunway Pyramid, and I slowly subconsciously grasped the theories behind ice skating (how it works etc). Just a few weeks back when I went travelling with my UCL friends, I ice-skated for the second time in my life in York Winter Wonderland (inside York Designer Outlet), and I was surprised that I skated many rounds without falling right on the butt! Definitely one of my happiest days to have picked up slowly my desired hobby.
3) Learn cooking before flying overseas? Well technically I did learn some very basic cooking skills before flying overseas, but over the period of 3-4 months I have brushed up my cooking skills although I'm still not adventurous enough to try out new recipes. Will definitely try out more new cooking recipes after my exam!
What about this year? Here is the list of 20 new year resolutions! Sounds too many? I thought so, but it was not actually the case once I started thinking hard for the first few. One by one, it ran through my mind like countless sheeps, just when I broke down the new year resolutions into several categories. It will appear to be more specific and rather straightforward as compared to last year's.
1) Read sciptures/bible daily (at least 10 minutes, subscribe to bible reading plans on smartphone), and Study Bible at least twice a week (1 hour each, Wednesday and Saturday).
2) Read at least 10 books by the end of this year (carry a book inside my bag with me all the time might help although less effective, but I shall allocate some time out at night just to read the book of my interests).
3) Join badminton practice on every Friday with the university badminton club to keep fit.
4) Exercise consistently to reduce my weight to 60+ (ideally 65 or less), and maintain at that level (weight lifting, jogging etc).
5) Join a ministry in church and start growing, be a leader!
6) Make significant impacts on people's lives (join more volunteering works and church missions).
7) Pray steadfastly to God, allowing God's hands to move in unexpected better ways.
8) Be more forgiving, patient and submit less to anger.
9) Update my blog at least once a month.
10) Start writing a diary (similar to blogging, but with more personal thoughts and privacy).
11) Achieve top grades in my course (do revision at least 30 minutes daily without any distraction, reflecting the day's lessons).
12) Hang out more with people around me (coursemates, church family etc).
13) Pick up baking skills, learn at least 5 desserts by the end of the year.
14) Learn at least 10 new dishes by the end of the year.
15) Keep track of my bank accounts and monthly cash flow (record everything that I have spent on such as groceries, books, transport, entertainment, tithe and offering etc).
16) Initiate conversations and put people's interests above mine, be considerate! (I have been very very shy to strangers so far, not good! =/).
17) Learn at least one musical intrument (guitar, drum?)(Buy a new guitar and start practising from various sources like Youtube etc).
18) Make a study schedule.
19) Be more gentleman and submit less to mood swings.
20) Start investing?! (I'm not very sure about this, but as a student with tight budget, I guess I would be far better off depositing my money in the bank earning interest although it is as pathetically low as 0.8% per annum in saving account. You will definitely lose money anyway if you invest in stock market).
Sounds hard to be achieved? It's all actually up to YOU, whether you want to make space for it, okay me in this case haha! Space here means time and efforts. Lastly, I would like to wish each and everyone of you... HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013, and may this year be the best year yet! Till then.
|Magnificent fireworks display around London Eye when the Big Ben struck twelve for the first time in 2013! :D|