Skip to main content

BNM Award Ceremony to excellent bank staffs' children!!! ^_^

On this past Saturday, my dad brought my whole family to the Award Ceremony to excellent bank staffs' children organised by the Central Bank of Malaysia. As everyone may has known, I got a mixture of 10A+/A's in the SPM exam last year, while my younger sis got 7A's in her PMR exam last year. On that morning, we woke up early at 7am and prepared ourself for the event. Once I reached the BNM building, me and my younger sis went to the registration desks to register our names; And later on my mom and I went to the desk to look for Miss Rafidah to get my contract documents. When I took a glance at the offer letter, once again I felt extremely grateful for getting the Bank Negara Scholarship. We were so lucky that we were treated breakfast in the building, and once again the generousity of the bank had been proven!

While I was waiting the commencement of the whole event, suddenly Azrul Hisyam, my Facebook friend greeted me and conversed with me. Congratulations to him, cause he got both JPA (Medicine to Poland) and BNM (Actuarial Science!!! to UK) at the same time, and I think he's going to reject BNM due to his deep interest in Medicine. =.= Nevertheless, I'm still happy for him that he get to decide the best pathway for him. Besides, I have met with Sabrina, another BNM scholar before the Award Ceremony started, when every award recipient was lining up at the same role and starting to talk to each other. She would be studying A-Levels in KTJ for 2 years, before flying off to UK to pursue Economics. It was really nice meeting them on that day! ^_^

When the Governor arrived at the scene, everyone kept quiet and definitely I could feel her strong aura at that particular time. Indeed a very respectable person. Not long after, the event started with "Negaraku" and award ceremony started with UPSR students, until PMR students, eventually to SPM students and Pre-U students. Here are a few pictures during the award ceremony:

Me queue-ing for my turn during the award ceremony! ^_^ 

The first guy is Azrul Hisyam who I mentioned earlier! ^_^ 

Receiving the award with RM 800 from the honourable Governor!!! ^_^ 

Outside the hall, me waiting for the group picture to be captured! ^_^ 

 Me, my younger sis, my dad and mom! ^_^ 

After capturing the group picture of all the SPM award recipients with the Governor, we went to the classy cafeteria to rest for a while. On the way there, I met with Yi ying, a ReComer,  BNM scholar and staff's daughter as well. My mom requested favour from her to take my family's picture, and here it is: 

 Probably this is the first and most beautiful family photo that I have ever seen in my whole life! 
(From left: My elder sis, mom, dad, younger sis and me! ) 
(Venue: In front of BNM's cafeteria)
(Credit to Yi Ying)

After talking to Yi Ying for a few minutes, she left with her parents. It was really nice meeting her too! =) Here are a few more pictures that have been captured on that day: 

 At the compound of BNM, in front of the cafeteria! ^_^ 

With my parents inside BNM's cafeteria! ^_^

Seems like facing bankruptcy eh? LOL! xD 

This looks better in any way! ^_^ 

Alright, that's all for this post! Stay tuned peeps! Signing off~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penning Down Thoughts

I never had the habit of journaling, and it was never my thing. You see, I had a hard time polishing my language skills. Having grown up and educated in a Chinese primary school and surrounded by Chinese-speaking community at least two third of my life, I had the tendency to speak and think in Chinese. English was out of my realm of mastery. Mandarin Chinese is my mother tongue after all. Ironically I have been widely misunderstood as being a 'banana' - a Chinese who only speaks English.  It seems I do have a 'banana' look. I have been told that I speak and write English better than my Chinese sentences, which the latter often seems to be awkward and to some extent, trying too hard. Can't really blame me right? I have not been consistently writing Chinese for the past 10 years. But this is blatantly deceiving! My English proficiency has not always been acceptable. Reading back my blog posts even just 5 years ago brought myself to embarrassment. In short, I d

What Owning a Turbocharged Car has Taught me

If there is a single word that can sum up what owning a turbocharged car for the past one and a half year has taught me, it will be this — humility . I have quite a number of people telling me my car is cool, fast and what not. But instead of getting all boasted up, I can't help but to be humble at my slow car. Slow car? You wondered. For a hot hatch making well above 234 horses on the wheel with 270Nm torque, this Neo turbo boosting 1-bar (14.5 psi) is producing more than double a stock Neo CPS is making. This is certainly not a slow car by any conventional family car standard. But with this comes a hefty price, in terms of time and money. The maintenance cost is not cheap, as it is the case with any other turbocharged car. Turbocharged vehicles are more prone to component failures just simply by the fact that there are a lot more things that can fail within the complex system, as compared to a much simpler naturally aspirated mode.  I have educated myself with how a

2 Weeks Experiences in The New Class! =)

Listening to: The more I seek You - Kari Jobe It's been two weeks since I joined the new class! Most, if not all, of my new classmates are quite friendly to me, gratefully! Thank God for that! Within the first few days I've recognised and remembered most of my classmates' names! =p Okay to be frank, I was trying to memorise. That's why I could remember their names fast, and blend into their group easily? =) How? Facebook does the trick! Adding someone into your friend list in Facebook will definitely improve your ability to remember names. Well it works for me, at least! =p Okay why am I keep writing posts about PE1? I don't know, just want to share my thoughts with everyone, how I spend my time in the new class and so on. During break time I tend to hang out with a group of new friends, and a large portion of them were from Catholic High School, PJ. Haha I was supposed to go there, but I didn't. My younger sister did, anyway. Most of them tend