Skip to main content

Merry Christmas people! =)


Merry Christmas everyone!!! 

I know!!! It's quite late for me to update my blog regarding Christmas! Today is Boxing Day anyway! Before posting some happy posts, let us bow down our head a few seconds to mourn for those who had been sacrificed exactly 7 years ago, due to the Great Tsunami that hit most of the seaside countries in South East Asia. I was just a chubby (I am, still) innocent boy back then, came back from a trip to Thailand a week before the disaster. I couldn't really comprehend everything that every adult was feeling back then. Sadness covered the whole atmosphere and broke through the peace and joy of Christmas Day.

Now, 7 years has passed and it's Christmas Day, again! =) Christmas is not all about Santa Claus; I think the affection of people for Santa during Christmas is overrated. Christmas Day wouldn't be meaningful without Jesus Christ, our Savior. It's the birthday of Jesus, celebrated primarily to appreciate the salvation Jesus has given all of us, to link us the sinners, back to the Holy God. Based on the concept of Trinity (God, Jesus and Holy Spirit as One Entity), Jesus is God in human form. So to be able to reconnect the relationship between sinners and God, God Himself has to send his only Son to Earth and bear the sins for us by dying nailed on the cross, a traditional cruel Roman way of killing the criminals of highest level.

Right, enough of spiritual theory! This year's Christmas, I didn't go to any church for Sunday service. I was planning to go to Acts Church for Christmas service, but I've decided to join the family trip to Kuala Terengganu (KT). It was such a rare opportunity that I could find, to spend time with family since most of the time we are separated. Mom always work in the office during weekdays till 10pm when she reaches home; Dad has been working outstation in KT for 3 months; I stay in Casa Subang during weekdays to attend classes or simply go to gym. I prayed to God, and somehow I had a feeling that I should join this family trip, rather than go for Christmas service at church.

So, here I am, in Kuala Terengganu! I came here since Friday morning, with quite a high expectation that I would enjoy tremendously from the trip. One of the the trips that I was anticipating the most was the trip to Kenyir Lake, the largest artificial lake in the world. I've never been to Kenyir Lake, so I was definitely looking forward to it. As for KT, it's like a small town in the middle of a bunch of Malay kampung surrounding it. I think it's even smaller than Kuantan. The majority of population in KT are Malays, as expected. Not much Christmas atmosphere in KT as most of them are Muslim. No Christmas trees, no decorations, no ornaments, no celebration. Just a typical holiday for people in KT.

Despite the dull atmosphere around in KT, I definitely enjoyed myself with my family. My sister have just finished her SPM, so she's here too! =) I think the most important thing during Christmas day is not the Christmas tree, not Santa Claus, not decorations, not ornaments, not Christmas light bulbs; but rather, the relationship between family members, remained peaceful and united. We shall take this opportunity to consolidate the bond with family members, and forgive each other for whatever thing that they might have offended you. I've chose to follow my family to Terengganu (although I realised that Kuala Terengganu is such a boring place), but I've learnt a virtue that I should appreciate my family, that we should stay strong together as a family. Nothing is more important than your family in the end of the day. The sooner you realised this, the sooner you would start to appreciate (if you had not) every effort your family member has done for you thus far.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penning Down Thoughts

I never had the habit of journaling, and it was never my thing. You see, I had a hard time polishing my language skills. Having grown up and educated in a Chinese primary school and surrounded by Chinese-speaking community at least two third of my life, I had the tendency to speak and think in Chinese. English was out of my realm of mastery. Mandarin Chinese is my mother tongue after all. Ironically I have been widely misunderstood as being a 'banana' - a Chinese who only speaks English.  It seems I do have a 'banana' look. I have been told that I speak and write English better than my Chinese sentences, which the latter often seems to be awkward and to some extent, trying too hard. Can't really blame me right? I have not been consistently writing Chinese for the past 10 years. But this is blatantly deceiving! My English proficiency has not always been acceptable. Reading back my blog posts even just 5 years ago brought myself to embarrassment. In short, I d

What Owning a Turbocharged Car has Taught me

If there is a single word that can sum up what owning a turbocharged car for the past one and a half year has taught me, it will be this — humility . I have quite a number of people telling me my car is cool, fast and what not. But instead of getting all boasted up, I can't help but to be humble at my slow car. Slow car? You wondered. For a hot hatch making well above 234 horses on the wheel with 270Nm torque, this Neo turbo boosting 1-bar (14.5 psi) is producing more than double a stock Neo CPS is making. This is certainly not a slow car by any conventional family car standard. But with this comes a hefty price, in terms of time and money. The maintenance cost is not cheap, as it is the case with any other turbocharged car. Turbocharged vehicles are more prone to component failures just simply by the fact that there are a lot more things that can fail within the complex system, as compared to a much simpler naturally aspirated mode.  I have educated myself with how a

2 Weeks Experiences in The New Class! =)

Listening to: The more I seek You - Kari Jobe It's been two weeks since I joined the new class! Most, if not all, of my new classmates are quite friendly to me, gratefully! Thank God for that! Within the first few days I've recognised and remembered most of my classmates' names! =p Okay to be frank, I was trying to memorise. That's why I could remember their names fast, and blend into their group easily? =) How? Facebook does the trick! Adding someone into your friend list in Facebook will definitely improve your ability to remember names. Well it works for me, at least! =p Okay why am I keep writing posts about PE1? I don't know, just want to share my thoughts with everyone, how I spend my time in the new class and so on. During break time I tend to hang out with a group of new friends, and a large portion of them were from Catholic High School, PJ. Haha I was supposed to go there, but I didn't. My younger sister did, anyway. Most of them tend