Skip to main content

Third Sunday Service of the Month (18/3/12)! =)

Everyday I woke up, just to be bombarded with the thought of trial exams approaching. It was 7.45am. I woke up and proceeded to my Economics notes, continued with topics regarding monetary policy and supply side policy. Early morning is, in my opinion, the best time to study especially when one is required to memorise lots of points upon understanding it. Economics works this way for me. You have to understand it, then memorise the points so that you can further elaborate the points during the exam. A good start for my preparation of trial exam coming in less than 2 weeks time, I thought. Next week is going to be more hectic, and of course the week after. Economics 42 on Wednesday, FM1 on Thursday and FM2 on Friday. How 'nice'!

My parents didn't oppose much this morning for me going to church, praise the Lord! =) The annual event of 21 days U-turn (Pray and Fast) has already started yesterday, and now I know the difficulty to fast, especially at home. I do acknowledged that fasting alone is insufficient without prayer, and that it's 'easy' to fast, but hard to pray. they said. I was planning to try out One-Meal Fast yesterday night for dinner, but eventually I succumed to the hunger. That also partly owing to the fact that my parents kept bringing food to me to prevent me from getting gastric. I don't know how to voice out that I was fasting, and I know they wouldn't understand it for now. Anyone knows how long can our stomach sustain before getting gastric, without solid food? Is egg considered as vegetarian food? 

Without further ado, I shall proceed to the Sunday service this morning! I attended 9.15am service and this time we had a wonderful speaker, Chief Elder Wong Kien Yiak to share Word with us. He began with Bible verses of John 11 : 1-7, 17-23 and 38-44. The other Bible verses that he used later on were Roman 8 : 35-37 and Luke 5. 

- We can always measure our health through medical tools, but how are we going to gauge our spiritual 
   walk with God?  
- Pray in a calm, quiet environment without any distraction. 
- External body might depict wellness, but that doesn't necessarily mean deep inside your heart that you
  are doing well. 
- Fast is easy, but pray is hard! 
- Pray for more than 30 minutes without any distraction (phone, Twitter, FB etc). 
- What can separate you from the love of Christ? Assignments? Exams? Tribulations? 
- Love of God enables us to be more than conquerers/overcomers! 
- Because of God's love in us, we are enabled to achieve everything! 
- Regardless of our past, we are given privilege to the love of Christ. 
- Without the love of God, we will be very discouraged. 
- Break away from certain segmentation who keep reminding that you are a failure, from voices that 
   bring you down! 
- Human's advices must always give way to God's advices. 
- Hear what the Holy Spirit wants to tell you. 
- Stretch your faith by serving God, get involved in church's life! 
- Don't allow your faith to remain where you are! 
- Natural explanations need to be surrendered, to give way, to supernatural power and faith! 
- Word of God comes with resurrection power, to achieve breakthrough! (Story of Jesus raising 
   Lazarus) 
- Breakthrough doesn't necessarily come without tribulations and challenges. 
- Need to fight for our breakthrough, by believing in the Word of God! 
- We always need someone to help us for the final breakthrough, need someone to pray for us, need 
   God to help us! 
- Let our pride down! I need the community/church, and they need me! 
- Without Jesus, breakthrough would not be possibly made! 
- We need to come back to Jesus, simply to realise that Jesus loves us! 
- There has to be more than this! 
- No time to gossip nor complain, as we fill the time for more and more of God! 
- Without faith, you are not living the fullness, and you are not well. 
- Come to a place wherethy we desire more of Him, more of His love! 
- Do not settle! Breakthrough, in the presence of Jesus! <3 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for Sunday service this week! It was rather short, but it touches me deep inside my heart! I know that I want to serve more in church, but many times I was being skeptical with myself and doubt I would be able to provide commitment. I'm bad at time management. When exam comes, I will be very panic and nervous. I will get emotional and worried. I will study as much as I could just to get myself as prepared as possible (although many times doesn't really help). I did not share the breakthrough that I wish to achieve throughout this 21 days Fast and Pray with Homes yesterday, but I will share it here. 

My first breakthrough that I wish to achieve, is to perform full reliance on God's ability, and less of my own ability. I'm still struggling with this as I tend to rely on myself most of the time due to my upbringing. With fast and pray as one of the most powerful tool to seek God, I'm confident that God will hear me and grant me the wish to rely fully on Him and His power! But before that, I will need commitment and discipline to fast and pray, despite my busyness of preparing for trial exam. I also wish that God will give me the strength to fast. I also wish God will grant me calm mind for the preparation of exam. 

Second breakthrough that I wish to achieve, is of course my family salvation. It might seem far from my goal now but I know God will work His way on me. As one is saved in a family, the whole family will get saved. I believe in this and I shall be Salt and Light, the testimony for my whole family! Amen. 

That's all for now peeps! =) Going back to my Physics notes and past year papers! Wish me luck, and please keep me in prayer! Thanks! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penning Down Thoughts

I never had the habit of journaling, and it was never my thing. You see, I had a hard time polishing my language skills. Having grown up and educated in a Chinese primary school and surrounded by Chinese-speaking community at least two third of my life, I had the tendency to speak and think in Chinese. English was out of my realm of mastery. Mandarin Chinese is my mother tongue after all. Ironically I have been widely misunderstood as being a 'banana' - a Chinese who only speaks English.  It seems I do have a 'banana' look. I have been told that I speak and write English better than my Chinese sentences, which the latter often seems to be awkward and to some extent, trying too hard. Can't really blame me right? I have not been consistently writing Chinese for the past 10 years. But this is blatantly deceiving! My English proficiency has not always been acceptable. Reading back my blog posts even just 5 years ago brought myself to embarrassment. In short, I d

What Owning a Turbocharged Car has Taught me

If there is a single word that can sum up what owning a turbocharged car for the past one and a half year has taught me, it will be this — humility . I have quite a number of people telling me my car is cool, fast and what not. But instead of getting all boasted up, I can't help but to be humble at my slow car. Slow car? You wondered. For a hot hatch making well above 234 horses on the wheel with 270Nm torque, this Neo turbo boosting 1-bar (14.5 psi) is producing more than double a stock Neo CPS is making. This is certainly not a slow car by any conventional family car standard. But with this comes a hefty price, in terms of time and money. The maintenance cost is not cheap, as it is the case with any other turbocharged car. Turbocharged vehicles are more prone to component failures just simply by the fact that there are a lot more things that can fail within the complex system, as compared to a much simpler naturally aspirated mode.  I have educated myself with how a

2 Weeks Experiences in The New Class! =)

Listening to: The more I seek You - Kari Jobe It's been two weeks since I joined the new class! Most, if not all, of my new classmates are quite friendly to me, gratefully! Thank God for that! Within the first few days I've recognised and remembered most of my classmates' names! =p Okay to be frank, I was trying to memorise. That's why I could remember their names fast, and blend into their group easily? =) How? Facebook does the trick! Adding someone into your friend list in Facebook will definitely improve your ability to remember names. Well it works for me, at least! =p Okay why am I keep writing posts about PE1? I don't know, just want to share my thoughts with everyone, how I spend my time in the new class and so on. During break time I tend to hang out with a group of new friends, and a large portion of them were from Catholic High School, PJ. Haha I was supposed to go there, but I didn't. My younger sister did, anyway. Most of them tend