Skip to main content

College Memories! =)

It's been such a long time since my last update on myself! So yes people, I've finally finished my A-Levels wooohooo! xD Such a huge burden being lifted up from my shoulder, yet another great journey is about to start soon in 3 months time! As most of you know, I've firmed City University London (Cass) to read BSc Actuarial Science. According to my friends who are studying there, it's really not an easy degree to study. Every week they have tests and assignments, but I guess it's almost the same for everyone else. I know I can do it, as nothing is impossible with God!

I have so so much to write yet was irresolute on where should I start it from. It has to start somewhere I realised so here we go, back to the my last personal post where I mentioned about potentially losing my A* due to my Economics Paper 4. I was counting on Paper 3 to at least pull back my deviated vehicle from its course towards the attainment of at least an A, and had one whole week to prepare for it. I really want to thank God that, my Paper 3 went on well despite having one careless mistake. I chose the right answer, and even went on to prove that my initial answer was correct to convince myself, yet I rubbed it off and chose another answer. Oh well...

Anyway, A-Levels is over now. It's been really memorable 2 years experience I had in Taylor's College SJ, and I got to know at least 1/3 of my Facebook friends, so you probably could have imagined how many friends I've got to know throughout these 24 months. I have been through many types of people, and from within picked up quite a number of interests to paint my mundane life into a colourful one, one of which is started attending gym since about a year ago. Remember there was once that many of my consecutive posts were all about gym attending and health? I started to see great result and guess how much I weighed now? 74kg. A total lost of 11kg from my initial weight of 85kg during Chinese New Year this year. God is good! Amen? =)

Also, I came to pick up one of the most unimaginable interests I never thought of 2 years back -- reading. If you don't know me well enough, I used to detest reading. I would have fallen asleep if I were to read boring materials that would never able to catch my attention. But thing changed. I started to pick up the hobby of reading books, particularly books spanning a wide spectrum of my personal interests such as finance, economics, maths, psychology and physics. I've taught myself more and more on financial market by reading alone, and trained myself to be financial literate even in college level. I would really love to share what I know about financial market with anyone, and would definitely yearn for more of it.

I have found my gang of friends, many of which are maths whizzes, classmates and random friends from library. Random friends seems to hold minuscule weightage on my whole circle of friends in Taylor's, but no it actually constitutes one of the largest portion of it. I love to hang out in the library, stay back just to do my homework or study. Library can be considered as my third house other than my own home sweet home and Casa Subang apartment; it definitely contains many of my memories in college, too much in fact, to be put into words of merely a post. Some experiences were just so amazing that I couldn't find the right word to describe it, only praising God is sufficient enough to depict my gratitude of His gracefulness.

So, what's next? BSc Actuarial Science. Bring it on! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penning Down Thoughts

I never had the habit of journaling, and it was never my thing. You see, I had a hard time polishing my language skills. Having grown up and educated in a Chinese primary school and surrounded by Chinese-speaking community at least two third of my life, I had the tendency to speak and think in Chinese. English was out of my realm of mastery. Mandarin Chinese is my mother tongue after all. Ironically I have been widely misunderstood as being a 'banana' - a Chinese who only speaks English.  It seems I do have a 'banana' look. I have been told that I speak and write English better than my Chinese sentences, which the latter often seems to be awkward and to some extent, trying too hard. Can't really blame me right? I have not been consistently writing Chinese for the past 10 years. But this is blatantly deceiving! My English proficiency has not always been acceptable. Reading back my blog posts even just 5 years ago brought myself to embarrassment. In short, I d

What Owning a Turbocharged Car has Taught me

If there is a single word that can sum up what owning a turbocharged car for the past one and a half year has taught me, it will be this — humility . I have quite a number of people telling me my car is cool, fast and what not. But instead of getting all boasted up, I can't help but to be humble at my slow car. Slow car? You wondered. For a hot hatch making well above 234 horses on the wheel with 270Nm torque, this Neo turbo boosting 1-bar (14.5 psi) is producing more than double a stock Neo CPS is making. This is certainly not a slow car by any conventional family car standard. But with this comes a hefty price, in terms of time and money. The maintenance cost is not cheap, as it is the case with any other turbocharged car. Turbocharged vehicles are more prone to component failures just simply by the fact that there are a lot more things that can fail within the complex system, as compared to a much simpler naturally aspirated mode.  I have educated myself with how a

2 Weeks Experiences in The New Class! =)

Listening to: The more I seek You - Kari Jobe It's been two weeks since I joined the new class! Most, if not all, of my new classmates are quite friendly to me, gratefully! Thank God for that! Within the first few days I've recognised and remembered most of my classmates' names! =p Okay to be frank, I was trying to memorise. That's why I could remember their names fast, and blend into their group easily? =) How? Facebook does the trick! Adding someone into your friend list in Facebook will definitely improve your ability to remember names. Well it works for me, at least! =p Okay why am I keep writing posts about PE1? I don't know, just want to share my thoughts with everyone, how I spend my time in the new class and so on. During break time I tend to hang out with a group of new friends, and a large portion of them were from Catholic High School, PJ. Haha I was supposed to go there, but I didn't. My younger sister did, anyway. Most of them tend