Skip to main content

Improvement in Operation Check Up! =)

Remember that my personal trainer (Ms. Cheryl) did one operation check up with me, last week? Yes today finally I went to the gym after around a week of sleeping at home, or more on indulging myself at Lanai! =p I was quite determined today, and although my calf seemed to cramp anytime, that didn't stop me!

Check out this post, and you will know what I'm talking about! So today again I bumped into her and asked her to carry out the check up for me! Again it was the same series of tasks:

1) Running on the treadmill for 20 minutes (I ran 4km with average speed of 12 km/h and maximum speed of 16 km/h during the last 60m).
2) Rowing for 500m (I did it in 1 minutes 51 seconds, slightly slower but still okay!)
3) Chin up with reduction of 20kg from my current weight (I did it for 5 times consecutively but it was 5kg heavier than last week's!)
4) Push up as many times as I can (I did 40 times straight, a great improvement from 25 times last week!)
5) Sit up as many times as I can (I did 70 times straight!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again a great improvement from 35 times last week!)

See!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I just can't believe actually! Guess how much did I score? Last week I got 18/36 and it was a pass! This week? *drum rolls please* I've got 25/36 and it was so close to intermediate score of 28!!! So awesome!!! Looks like my diet somehow works! =p

Really? Maybe not. One of my ex-classmates once told me a way to diet, i.e. skip dinner. After talking to my housemate and personal trainer, I realised that it is so NOT TRUE and definitely not the right approach to reduce my body weight! Human body prefers to consume carbohydrate and protein to provide energy, and before the body fat actually being burnt off through normal metabolic activities, the muscles will be consumed first. The right way of reducing body weight is actually by reducing the food portion to around half, and definitely NOT by skipping meals! It will simply just not work! That's the reason why most bodybuilders (although I'm not intending to be one) build up muscles first before cutting off body fat.

Building muscles and reducing body fat CANNOT occur at the same time. When you're in the process of building muscles, you will definitely put up some weight since you have to eat a lot to bulk up! I talked to my personal trainer, and she said that I should eat at least something at night! Don't leave my stomach empty ever. To lose weight fast, I shouldn't consume any carbohydrate after 4pm, although some food which are rich in protein and vitamin, and high fibre (such as oat) are recommended! =)

So that's it! I will keep up my good work towards achieving my goal in err.. 3 months right? =p Ciao~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penning Down Thoughts

I never had the habit of journaling, and it was never my thing. You see, I had a hard time polishing my language skills. Having grown up and educated in a Chinese primary school and surrounded by Chinese-speaking community at least two third of my life, I had the tendency to speak and think in Chinese. English was out of my realm of mastery. Mandarin Chinese is my mother tongue after all. Ironically I have been widely misunderstood as being a 'banana' - a Chinese who only speaks English.  It seems I do have a 'banana' look. I have been told that I speak and write English better than my Chinese sentences, which the latter often seems to be awkward and to some extent, trying too hard. Can't really blame me right? I have not been consistently writing Chinese for the past 10 years. But this is blatantly deceiving! My English proficiency has not always been acceptable. Reading back my blog posts even just 5 years ago brought myself to embarrassment. In short, I d

What Owning a Turbocharged Car has Taught me

If there is a single word that can sum up what owning a turbocharged car for the past one and a half year has taught me, it will be this — humility . I have quite a number of people telling me my car is cool, fast and what not. But instead of getting all boasted up, I can't help but to be humble at my slow car. Slow car? You wondered. For a hot hatch making well above 234 horses on the wheel with 270Nm torque, this Neo turbo boosting 1-bar (14.5 psi) is producing more than double a stock Neo CPS is making. This is certainly not a slow car by any conventional family car standard. But with this comes a hefty price, in terms of time and money. The maintenance cost is not cheap, as it is the case with any other turbocharged car. Turbocharged vehicles are more prone to component failures just simply by the fact that there are a lot more things that can fail within the complex system, as compared to a much simpler naturally aspirated mode.  I have educated myself with how a

2 Weeks Experiences in The New Class! =)

Listening to: The more I seek You - Kari Jobe It's been two weeks since I joined the new class! Most, if not all, of my new classmates are quite friendly to me, gratefully! Thank God for that! Within the first few days I've recognised and remembered most of my classmates' names! =p Okay to be frank, I was trying to memorise. That's why I could remember their names fast, and blend into their group easily? =) How? Facebook does the trick! Adding someone into your friend list in Facebook will definitely improve your ability to remember names. Well it works for me, at least! =p Okay why am I keep writing posts about PE1? I don't know, just want to share my thoughts with everyone, how I spend my time in the new class and so on. During break time I tend to hang out with a group of new friends, and a large portion of them were from Catholic High School, PJ. Haha I was supposed to go there, but I didn't. My younger sister did, anyway. Most of them tend