Skip to main content

2kg Lost in A WEEK! =O

That's freaking impossible I thought, but I just did! =O I couldn't believe it but last week when I weighed myself, I was 87kg. Guess how heavy am I now, yes you're right. I'm back to 85! I hope the rate of detraction wouldn't stop right there just before joining gym. I've been weighed 85kg for over 5 years, and I want to break the record of having weight more than 80kg.

As you may have surmised, yes I did it by implementing healthy lifestyle (eating good food and start exercising). I did not expect that rate of decreasing weight but the way I'm using somehow proved its reliability. I had a huge belly with fats surrounding my waist, and my main objective was to cut down my belly fat. That was my main objective and what I did was controlling my diet. I've written the healthy way of eating before in previous posts and I'm going to write it once again. Eat healthy food. No fried food, minimise sweet food, no processed food (mee and kuey teow included), drink a lot of water and eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Remove skins (and the fats around the meat) when you're eating chicken meat, and do not eat any tangible fats (or if possible less fat/oil in everything). Consume high protein food like milk (or low fat milk) and whole eggs.

Drinking low fat milk, eating eggs and chicken breast meat are my favourite. You might argue that egg yolk contains high cholesterol level but from various sources in the Internet, high body cholesterol level is mainly caused by eating red meat (beef, mutton, lamb, duck etc), and NOT by eating egg yolk. In fact egg yolk contains lots of vitamins so it would be a waste if you throw it off.

Drinking low fat milk in excessive (like what I do) also has a side effect, my housemate told me. It's fathomable that my main purpose of consuming low fat milk is to get protein. But low fat milk also has higher proportion of calcium as compared to full cream milk, and having excessive calcium in your body is definitely not going to be beneficial but rather side effects, such as tiredness, loss of appetite, vomiting and diarrhea. Sounds scary, but I just like drinking milk! =/ Going to cut down my milk intake. Full cream milk is good as the proportion of calcium is not as high as low fat milk's.

This is what I eat for 3 meals in a day and I could actually write it down.

Breakfast : 2-3 slices of wholemeal bread with peanut butter spread, low fat milk, 2 whole eggs.
Lunch: Rice (of your fist size, if possible brown rice), chicken meat / fish, tofu, vegetables (each of these can be substituted by other food having similar amount of protein, carbohydrate and vitamin).
Post-Workout: Chocolate milk / 3 whole eggs (I still do not consume any protein shake till now)
Dinner: Anything light (not heavy), for instance, 2-3 slices of wholemeal bread with peanut butter spread / apple / eggs / milk / oat / nestum etc.

That's all I eat and I'm seeing my result! Perhaps the time period is not long enough to prove this, but I will see what will happen for the next 2 months. =) Just wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penning Down Thoughts

I never had the habit of journaling, and it was never my thing. You see, I had a hard time polishing my language skills. Having grown up and educated in a Chinese primary school and surrounded by Chinese-speaking community at least two third of my life, I had the tendency to speak and think in Chinese. English was out of my realm of mastery. Mandarin Chinese is my mother tongue after all. Ironically I have been widely misunderstood as being a 'banana' - a Chinese who only speaks English.  It seems I do have a 'banana' look. I have been told that I speak and write English better than my Chinese sentences, which the latter often seems to be awkward and to some extent, trying too hard. Can't really blame me right? I have not been consistently writing Chinese for the past 10 years. But this is blatantly deceiving! My English proficiency has not always been acceptable. Reading back my blog posts even just 5 years ago brought myself to embarrassment. In short, I d

What Owning a Turbocharged Car has Taught me

If there is a single word that can sum up what owning a turbocharged car for the past one and a half year has taught me, it will be this — humility . I have quite a number of people telling me my car is cool, fast and what not. But instead of getting all boasted up, I can't help but to be humble at my slow car. Slow car? You wondered. For a hot hatch making well above 234 horses on the wheel with 270Nm torque, this Neo turbo boosting 1-bar (14.5 psi) is producing more than double a stock Neo CPS is making. This is certainly not a slow car by any conventional family car standard. But with this comes a hefty price, in terms of time and money. The maintenance cost is not cheap, as it is the case with any other turbocharged car. Turbocharged vehicles are more prone to component failures just simply by the fact that there are a lot more things that can fail within the complex system, as compared to a much simpler naturally aspirated mode.  I have educated myself with how a

My Solo Trip to Vietnam v2 (Mui Ne)

Day 3: Mui Ne, 23 December 2015.  I arrived Mui Ne at 4:10am on Futa Bus. I was promised by the bus company officer that I will be dropped right in front of my hostel in Mui Ne, so I was expecting it. As I seen some of the passengers being dropped in front of their respective hostels, I was pretty confident the bus driver will do the same. But after about 10 minutes, a few other passengers and I were dropped in front of the Futa Bus regional office. Almost instantly a guy approached me and asked about my hostel. I remained wishful, hoping the bus driver will somehow remember the promise made. So I was expecting it, and this guy seemed to be working for the bus company. Perhaps the bus driver had forgotten to drop me in front of my hostel, and he asked this guy to fetch me there. At least that was what I thought. The guy immediately recognized the hostel and said he can bring me there. He asked me to hop onto his motorbike and we rode off. Almost instantly after I hopped onto