Skip to main content

Reflections on January 2012! =)

January 2012 is coming to the end soon and it's time to reflect what I've done thus far. So far my new year resolutions are still remained intact, although I've breached one of them such as diet (especially during CNY week). I could resist myself from all the food temptation in the first 2 days of CNY, but starting from third day I literally ate what were on the table, without self-control much. -.-

As the result of eating everything on the table, my belly is back! Well maybe not as bad as I thought, but still it would take me at least another week to cut it off. Why do you love me so much, belly fat? =( I don't love you and wish you wouldn't come back to me ever. This time I must send you further to somewhere more isolated haha. =p 10kg weight loss wouldn't sound impossible if I'm determined enough.

What about study? CNY mood was so overwhelming that I hardly think of studying. Kids were playing firecrackers everywhere, and again tempting me to join them. -.- Another temptation that I hardly could resist. Well it's CNY anyway, nobody actually study (for non-kiasu Chinese). Time to revive my study mood! Again and again I remind myself to make a study timetable, but many times I just shunned off the idea and procrastinated. It's time to get real. Here is my study timetable. As I said it, I made it straight.

                 Evening (2/3pm - 4pm)            Night (8.30pm - 11.30pm) 

  Monday                                          Maths                                      Further Maths 1 
  Tuesday                                       Economics                                     Economics
Wednesday                                       Maths                                      Further Maths 2 
 Thursday                                         Physics                                          Physics 

I took 3 days off for the time being. Friday usually occupied with CF in the evening, and Homes (cell group activity) at night. =) And during weekend, I wouldn't study much haha, frankly. -.- I should follow this timetable strictly, but I do acknowledge that sometimes lecturers would give class tests and so on. In such occasion, I shall study for the test and compensate the time used  for that particular subject during weekend. Cool? okay done! =) 

Trading? So far I've learnt nothing much new. Mr.Lai (my Maths lecturer) joined Mr. Teh (my previous FM2 lecturer)'s e-learning class about basics in technical analysis and sometimes he does share with me some knowledge about stock market. Nothing much yet so far, but he told me he joined that e-learning class also cause of the wish of sharing opinions and knowledge. That said, I know I can learn a lot from him for the next 5 months. Definitely looking forward to it! Oh btw, I found Everything Technical Analysis (by Jacinta Chan) in the library and I finished reading it in a day cause all those are basics. 

Oh btw, I've got RM200 book voucher (as stated in the Budget 2012) and it's time for me to buy books (again?). I've bought a number of books recently and now I have RM200 more to spend? What should I buy? I don't know. Should ask my seniors on any good books to recommend, that would be relevant to my study in future. Books on actuarial science, risk management, finance, insurance? Or I should just spend it buying some random books like Animal Spirits (by George Akerlof and Robert Shiller) and Fear and Greed (by Pauline Yong)? Those are good books, too. Time will determine everything. Just wait. =) 

One more thing, remember my last way of utilising time? By stop playing Facebook games and applications altogether? Good news, I've stopped playing Maple Story Adventure altogether, for a few weeks now. Incredible! Now I've allocated longer time on doing other more beneficial things. =) 

Wooohooo! Going to Sian Wei's house later for PE1 CNY Dinner! =) I'm glad that I joined PE1, so happening! So far I've joined many events organised by PE1. Sunway trip, squash, watching movie (Jack and Jill) at Tropicana Mall, and now CNY dinner. Thank God for everything! =)

That's all for now, people! February would be more interesting! Stay tuned. Ciao~ =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penning Down Thoughts

I never had the habit of journaling, and it was never my thing. You see, I had a hard time polishing my language skills. Having grown up and educated in a Chinese primary school and surrounded by Chinese-speaking community at least two third of my life, I had the tendency to speak and think in Chinese. English was out of my realm of mastery. Mandarin Chinese is my mother tongue after all. Ironically I have been widely misunderstood as being a 'banana' - a Chinese who only speaks English.  It seems I do have a 'banana' look. I have been told that I speak and write English better than my Chinese sentences, which the latter often seems to be awkward and to some extent, trying too hard. Can't really blame me right? I have not been consistently writing Chinese for the past 10 years. But this is blatantly deceiving! My English proficiency has not always been acceptable. Reading back my blog posts even just 5 years ago brought myself to embarrassment. In short, I d

What Owning a Turbocharged Car has Taught me

If there is a single word that can sum up what owning a turbocharged car for the past one and a half year has taught me, it will be this — humility . I have quite a number of people telling me my car is cool, fast and what not. But instead of getting all boasted up, I can't help but to be humble at my slow car. Slow car? You wondered. For a hot hatch making well above 234 horses on the wheel with 270Nm torque, this Neo turbo boosting 1-bar (14.5 psi) is producing more than double a stock Neo CPS is making. This is certainly not a slow car by any conventional family car standard. But with this comes a hefty price, in terms of time and money. The maintenance cost is not cheap, as it is the case with any other turbocharged car. Turbocharged vehicles are more prone to component failures just simply by the fact that there are a lot more things that can fail within the complex system, as compared to a much simpler naturally aspirated mode.  I have educated myself with how a

My Solo Trip to Vietnam v2 (Mui Ne)

Day 3: Mui Ne, 23 December 2015.  I arrived Mui Ne at 4:10am on Futa Bus. I was promised by the bus company officer that I will be dropped right in front of my hostel in Mui Ne, so I was expecting it. As I seen some of the passengers being dropped in front of their respective hostels, I was pretty confident the bus driver will do the same. But after about 10 minutes, a few other passengers and I were dropped in front of the Futa Bus regional office. Almost instantly a guy approached me and asked about my hostel. I remained wishful, hoping the bus driver will somehow remember the promise made. So I was expecting it, and this guy seemed to be working for the bus company. Perhaps the bus driver had forgotten to drop me in front of my hostel, and he asked this guy to fetch me there. At least that was what I thought. The guy immediately recognized the hostel and said he can bring me there. He asked me to hop onto his motorbike and we rode off. Almost instantly after I hopped onto