Skip to main content

New Outlook! =)

Some of my friends told me that it's quite hard to read posts in dark background, especially like what I always do. Long-whining post with many words. Gracemode suggested to me, saying that I should try white background instead with dark color words. I think she was right, so there you go! I think it's time to give this blog a fresh outlook, since it's a new year!

I've got some gifts for my new year and I've posted this on the first day of the year on Facebook! New pair of shoes, new haircut, new wallet and a new spectacle. Now I'm going to strive hard for my new goals, new plans and new hopes! I would be going back to college tomorrow, and hectic classes would be resumed. 

Despite all these gruelling schedule that I've foreseen, I'm definitely looking forward for tomorrow! It's been a month that I've done nothing, revised nothing on my formal academic syllabus. It's time to go back to my study. But it is also the time that I would meet my 'new' friends (after a month of holiday). 

New outlook, as stated in the title, is not only meant for the fresh look of my blog, but rather new expectations and attitudes. I don't expect much for what I could do on the first day, but I definitely can change my attitudes. The main problem that overwhelms me is procrastination. I tend to say 'later-lah' to many things that I am capable of completing it on the spot, but eventually this seemingly easy, yet malevolent, act would creep in and serve as hindrance to completing my works. 

The key word here is discipline. My dad used to accentuate this word over and over again to me and my siblings, wanted us to be discipline in everything we do. Same keyword would be particularly useful here. I've mentioned earlier that I would make a new study timetable; but due to procrastination, I have not created any. I guess I would make one once I get my new class timetable. 

Be nice to everyone might seem easy but in fact it is not. Often you will find yourself couldn't cope well with someone, and you find it very hard to find a common topic to start the conversation with the person due to various reasons. This is a challenge for myself too, cause sometimes I couldn't talk much as well with people around. Some of my friends said that I'm a talkative guy, but I beg to differ. I would only talk if something interests me, otherwise I would just remain quiet most of the time. What you can do if you were in my shoes? Smile. =) 


I find smiling so amusing to the extent that when anyone (including stranger) smiles to me, I will smile back. It's free, anyway. I think smiling people are beautiful people, beautiful in the sense that happiness turns into 'epidemic' and spreads insidiously to everyone around. Want to know how I define pretty girls? Cheerful and friendly girls who smile frequently are pretty, I think. So smile more! Smile turns problems into hopes, sadness into happiness, and many more unexpected transformations. Life is good if you know how to cherish it. 

Comments

  1. pretty girls means girls that look like Claire Kwok!!! GuoJING!!!hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I didn't refer to anyone in specific! I meant generally! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey don't leave! Leave your comment here please! Thanks! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Penning Down Thoughts

I never had the habit of journaling, and it was never my thing. You see, I had a hard time polishing my language skills. Having grown up and educated in a Chinese primary school and surrounded by Chinese-speaking community at least two third of my life, I had the tendency to speak and think in Chinese. English was out of my realm of mastery. Mandarin Chinese is my mother tongue after all. Ironically I have been widely misunderstood as being a 'banana' - a Chinese who only speaks English.  It seems I do have a 'banana' look. I have been told that I speak and write English better than my Chinese sentences, which the latter often seems to be awkward and to some extent, trying too hard. Can't really blame me right? I have not been consistently writing Chinese for the past 10 years. But this is blatantly deceiving! My English proficiency has not always been acceptable. Reading back my blog posts even just 5 years ago brought myself to embarrassment. In short, I d

What Owning a Turbocharged Car has Taught me

If there is a single word that can sum up what owning a turbocharged car for the past one and a half year has taught me, it will be this — humility . I have quite a number of people telling me my car is cool, fast and what not. But instead of getting all boasted up, I can't help but to be humble at my slow car. Slow car? You wondered. For a hot hatch making well above 234 horses on the wheel with 270Nm torque, this Neo turbo boosting 1-bar (14.5 psi) is producing more than double a stock Neo CPS is making. This is certainly not a slow car by any conventional family car standard. But with this comes a hefty price, in terms of time and money. The maintenance cost is not cheap, as it is the case with any other turbocharged car. Turbocharged vehicles are more prone to component failures just simply by the fact that there are a lot more things that can fail within the complex system, as compared to a much simpler naturally aspirated mode.  I have educated myself with how a

My Solo Trip to Vietnam v2 (Mui Ne)

Day 3: Mui Ne, 23 December 2015.  I arrived Mui Ne at 4:10am on Futa Bus. I was promised by the bus company officer that I will be dropped right in front of my hostel in Mui Ne, so I was expecting it. As I seen some of the passengers being dropped in front of their respective hostels, I was pretty confident the bus driver will do the same. But after about 10 minutes, a few other passengers and I were dropped in front of the Futa Bus regional office. Almost instantly a guy approached me and asked about my hostel. I remained wishful, hoping the bus driver will somehow remember the promise made. So I was expecting it, and this guy seemed to be working for the bus company. Perhaps the bus driver had forgotten to drop me in front of my hostel, and he asked this guy to fetch me there. At least that was what I thought. The guy immediately recognized the hostel and said he can bring me there. He asked me to hop onto his motorbike and we rode off. Almost instantly after I hopped onto