Skip to main content

My First Car Driving Lesson!!! ~.~


Oh My Gosh, the first car driving lesson was a catastrophe!!! I straight away learnt it right after the instructor reached in front of my house, and it was the first time i put on the first gear with a full press on the clutch pedal. The engine didn't stopped luckily and i was glad that the car move smoothly when i press some power pedal for the very first time. However, while drove down the slope near my house, something wrong happened. I brake too much and the car went to a sudden stop with the engine dead. I just can't get used to the three main pedals and confused with it for the very first time. Now, finally i understood what is the feeling when my friends said that they confused with the position of three pedals, plus, my house don't have any manual gear car. So, it's normal if i can't get used to it for the very first time. 

Then, without forgetting the signal light, i turned to the direction where the instructor said, and all of these happened on the road. On the road, yes you're right, and i have to watch out really carefully for every single fast moving vehicle including the bulky lorries and the tiny motorcycles. Then, i drove to the new house lot residential area carefully and arrived at a free empty car parking lot. Yup, i trained myself there and drove for a few rounds of the same route at the almost-empty car parking lot. I enjoyed myself there and get used to normal driving. At first, i press the power pedal too hard and the car was driven fast until the instructor pressed the extra break to a sudden stop. After get used to the driving, i learnt ways to slow down the car during corner, stop my car completely and switch to the first gear after fully press on the clutch pedal, release the clutch pedal a little bit whilst press the power pedal lightly until the car start moving, keep on pressing the clutch at the level where the car start moving, switch to the reverse gear by using exactly the same way of first gear and lastly, three-point turn. 

Everything was quite fun, but the three-point turn was a little bit harder and different from the other ways of driving. Plus, the Perodua Kancil's steering was very hard to be turned at the zilch speed, as the aftermath i was quite exhausted just for turning the steering. I have done it for above ten times and finally get used to the three-point turn, but i have accidentally stopped my car's engine for a couple times while i switched to the first gear. After having rock and roll for one and a half hour, i drove back on the familiar road to my house, and that is it, my very first car driving car lesson. I thought it was quite a disaster for me, but in turn the instructor told me that it is normal for a beginner to drive like that and praised me, saying that i was quite fast in learning. Overall, the whole car driving lesson was an unforgettable experience for me, maybe for the next ten years. =) 

Hoped that i can be better in the next driving lesson next week. ^_^ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penning Down Thoughts

I never had the habit of journaling, and it was never my thing. You see, I had a hard time polishing my language skills. Having grown up and educated in a Chinese primary school and surrounded by Chinese-speaking community at least two third of my life, I had the tendency to speak and think in Chinese. English was out of my realm of mastery. Mandarin Chinese is my mother tongue after all. Ironically I have been widely misunderstood as being a 'banana' - a Chinese who only speaks English.  It seems I do have a 'banana' look. I have been told that I speak and write English better than my Chinese sentences, which the latter often seems to be awkward and to some extent, trying too hard. Can't really blame me right? I have not been consistently writing Chinese for the past 10 years. But this is blatantly deceiving! My English proficiency has not always been acceptable. Reading back my blog posts even just 5 years ago brought myself to embarrassment. In short, I d

What Owning a Turbocharged Car has Taught me

If there is a single word that can sum up what owning a turbocharged car for the past one and a half year has taught me, it will be this — humility . I have quite a number of people telling me my car is cool, fast and what not. But instead of getting all boasted up, I can't help but to be humble at my slow car. Slow car? You wondered. For a hot hatch making well above 234 horses on the wheel with 270Nm torque, this Neo turbo boosting 1-bar (14.5 psi) is producing more than double a stock Neo CPS is making. This is certainly not a slow car by any conventional family car standard. But with this comes a hefty price, in terms of time and money. The maintenance cost is not cheap, as it is the case with any other turbocharged car. Turbocharged vehicles are more prone to component failures just simply by the fact that there are a lot more things that can fail within the complex system, as compared to a much simpler naturally aspirated mode.  I have educated myself with how a

2 Weeks Experiences in The New Class! =)

Listening to: The more I seek You - Kari Jobe It's been two weeks since I joined the new class! Most, if not all, of my new classmates are quite friendly to me, gratefully! Thank God for that! Within the first few days I've recognised and remembered most of my classmates' names! =p Okay to be frank, I was trying to memorise. That's why I could remember their names fast, and blend into their group easily? =) How? Facebook does the trick! Adding someone into your friend list in Facebook will definitely improve your ability to remember names. Well it works for me, at least! =p Okay why am I keep writing posts about PE1? I don't know, just want to share my thoughts with everyone, how I spend my time in the new class and so on. During break time I tend to hang out with a group of new friends, and a large portion of them were from Catholic High School, PJ. Haha I was supposed to go there, but I didn't. My younger sister did, anyway. Most of them tend